San Antonio, Zambales
San Antonio is a second-class municipality in the province of Zambales.
How to get there:
Ride a bus: Victory Liner
– route: IBA or STA. CRUZ
– fare: P270.00 (P320 if via SCTEX which is faster)
– drop-off: San Antonio Town Proper
* if you won’t make it to the trip schedule bound to Iba, alternatively you may ride a bus bound for Olongapo via SCTEX. Fare is ~ P200.00.
From Olongapo, ride a bus bound for Iba and have you drop-off at San Antonio Town Proper.
– Ordinary: P40.00
– Airconditioned: P60.00
What to do in SAZ:
1. Chill camp in Pundaquit beach. Depending on the weather, kayaking may be added to your list of activities.
2. Go island hopping in Camara and Capones Island.
3. Cove hopping and adventure tripping in Anawangin, Talisayen, Nagsasa, and Silanguin coves.
4. Learn about Zambales’ culture, arts, and heritage at Casa San Miguel.
5. Hike in Mt. Pundaquit (guide fee: P100.00). It is possible to traverse to Anawangin cove from Mt. Pundaquit. Be sure to hire local guides as there are situations where hikers who failed to do so got lost in the mountain.
6. Hike in Mt. Mabanban (special permit required).
See other related posts:
📍 Pundaquit beach and Capones Island
📍 Cove hopping adventure: Anawangin, Nagsasa, and Silanguin.
📍 Casa San Miguel